NetID - Resetting a Forgotten Password
This document provides a step-by-step walkthrough of resetting your forgotten password. If you know your password and want to change it for security purposes, following the instructions in Reset NetID Password which is a subsection of the NetID - Modifying your Account document.
- Go to the password reset utility located at https://www.mynetid.wisc.edu/password-reset/index.jsp.
- Enter your NetID, photo ID number, and date of birth.
- If you have set up your recovery questions, answer them correctly and click Submit. If you have not set up your recovery questions, or you are unable to correctly answer your password recovery questions, you will need to call the DoIT Help Desk at 608-264-HELP (608-264-4357) to have your password reset.
- Enter your new password. It must meet the requirements found in NetID - Password Criteria and Requirements.
- Your new password is now in effect. It is recommended you close your browser window for security reasons.